FritzZyme TurboStart 900 Saltwater
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
FritzZyme® TurboStart® 900 contains the same proven saltwater strains of effective, live nitrifying bacteria as FritzZyme® 9 but at 15 times the concentration. TurboStart® 900 reduces fish loss due to toxic levels of ammonia and nitrite. Establishing colonies of nitrifying bacteria without FritzZyme® can take weeks; FritzZyme® TurboStart® completely cycles aquariums in five days or less, allowing for safe, immediate addition of livestock.
TurboStart® may be added to new tanks or established systems any time the biofilter needs fortification, including after water changes, aggressive cleaning, adding new livestock, medicating or changing filter media.
Directions & Dosage
Directions & Dosage
For new systems, dose 1 oz (29 mL) per 25 US gallons (95 L). Shake well before dosing. To decrease cycling time, FritzZyme® TurboStart® 900 can be safely used up to 5x recommended dosage.
- For best results, maintain ideal water parameters noted below and use FritzZyme® TurboStart 900 before the expiration date on the package
- All chlorine and chloramines must be removed from water before adding FritzZyme® TurboStart 900
- Nitrifying bacteria require ammonia and nitrite to survive; in new systems introduce livestock or another ammonia source like Fishless Fuel to start cycling
- Maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers for at least 5 days after application
- Store refrigerated
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with all species, including plants and invertebrates
- Safe to add directly into a tank with livestock present
- Systems may be slightly cloudy or have an earthy odor for several hours after treatment
- Variations of odor and color between bottles is normal, a strong sulfur smell does not mean the bacteria are dead
- Do not freeze or overheat. Store in a cool, dark place
- Overdosed? Live nitrifying bacteria are very safe even if overdosed. Observe for any distress, perform small water changes if necessary
Ideal parameters for FritzZyme® TurboStart 900 nitrifying bacteria:
Temperature: 77-86 F (25-30 C)
pH: 7.3-8.0; nitrification is completely inhibited below pH 6.0
Salinity: 15 - 40 ppt (1.011 to 1.030 sg)
Alkalinity (KH): minimum 4.5 dKH or 80.5 ppm KH
Phosphate: above 0 ppm