Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Low stock - 10 items left
- Inventory on the way
Fritz Expel-P is an anthelmintic (deworming) medication and immunostimulant agent. It is safe to use in both freshwater and saltwater aquaria and is effective against many internal parasites, especially nematodes, when used as directed. It does not harm the bio-filter, plants, other invertebrates or uninfected fish. As an added benefit, it boosts the immune competence of fish.
Fritz Expel-P is effective against Nematodes, Roundworms, Nodular Worms, and Hookworms. Symptoms can include worms visibly protruding from the anus of the fish, wasting, abdominal bloating, disinterest in food, or rapid breathing or gasping, Can also be used as a coral dip to treat for flatworms and pest nudibranchs.
Expel-P does not treat Cestodes (tapeworms) or Trematodes (flukes). For these parasites, try Fritz ParaCleanse
Active ingredient: Levamisole HCl
Directions & Dosage
Directions & Dosage
Standard Treatment: Use 1 packet Expel-P per 10 gallons (38 L) of water. Perform a 25% water change taking care to remove excreted worms/parasites after 24 hours. Repeat the treatment one week later to prevent reinfection. Repeat weekly treatments as necessary. See below for instructions on treating tanks smaller than 10 gallons.
Coral Dip Directions: Use three packets Expel-P per two gallons (8 L) of salt water. Place affected corals into dip for up to 30 minutes with adequate water flow to assist in worm removal. Once worms stop falling off, the coral can be returned to display or quarantine tank. Treatment does not affect eggs - remove manually or repeat treatments after hatching. Treatment can be repeated once per week, up to three times.
- For best results, use Expel-P® in a quarantine tank
- Remove carbon and other chemical filtration during treatment, maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers during treatment
- The active ingredient is light sensitive; turn off aquarium lights during first 24 hours of treatment
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with invertebrates; some snail species may become temporarily affected, but will recover
- Safe for use with plants
- Will not color or cloud aquarium water
- Expel-P does not inhibit nitrifying bacteria, and will not impact the biofilter. If ammonia or nitrite is a concern, detoxify during treatment with Fritz A.C.C.R. or Fritz Complete
- Overdosed? Expel-P is very safe and should not have any adverse effects. Perform a water change if distress is observed
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Each packet contains 113 mg levamisole hydrochloride.
Note: KEEP OUT OR FREACH OF CHILDREN. FOR AQUARIUM USE ONLY. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options.