FritzZyme 9 Saltwater Live Bacteria
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
FritzZyme® 9 contains live saltwater-specific strains of live nitrifying bacteria proven to reduce fish loss due to toxic levels of ammonia and nitrite. Nitrifying bacteria can take weeks to naturally establish colonies in new aquariums while ammonia and nitrite can reach lethal levels in only a few days. FritzZyme® 9 provides the proper balance of bacteria proven to rapidly seed biofilters, greatly reducing the natural cycle time allowing for safe, faster addition of livestock.
FritzZyme® 9 may be added to new tanks or established systems any time the biofilter needs fortification including: after water changes, aggressive cleaning, adding new livestock, medicating or changing filter media.
Directions & Dosage
Directions & Dosage
For a new system, dose 4 oz (119 ml / ½ cup) per 5 US gallons (19 L). For established systems, use 2 oz (60 ml / ¼ cup) per 5 US gallons (19 L). For a large livestock system or systems with heavy bioload, new system dosage may be safely increased up to 10x.
- For best results, maintain ideal water parameters noted below and use FritzZyme® 9 before the expiration date on the package
- Nitrifying bacteria require ammonia and nitrite to survive; in new systems introduce livestock or another ammonia source like Fishless Fuel to start cycling
- Maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers for at least 5 days after application
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with all species, including plants and invertebrates
- Safe to add directly into a tank with livestock present
- Will not color or cloud aquarium water
- Variations of odor and color between bottles is normal, a strong sulfur smell does not indicate the bacteria are dead
- Do not freeze or overheat. Store in a cool, dark place
- Overdosed? Live nitrifying bacteria are very safe even if overdosed. Observe for any distress, perform small water changes if necessary
Ideal parameters for FritzZyme® 9 nitrifying bacteria:
Temperature: 77 - 86 F (25 - 30 C)
pH: 7.3 - 8.0
Salinity: 15 - 40 ppt (1.011 to 1.030 sg)
Alkalinity (KH): minimum 4.5 dKH or 80.5 ppm KH
Phosphate: above 0 ppm